- through your use of https://www.startup-o.com / and any country top-level domain name (the “Site“),
- through your use of and applications for our products and services and participation in our program(s);
- by interacting with our content and/or services; or
- by contacting our team members.
This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts, and all other people we hold information about.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you access certain services from Startup-O, we may collect certain “Personal Information from you. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address,). “Non-Personal Information” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information.
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold different Personal Information about you. For example, this may include:
- your name;
- your education;
- your occupation and professional qualifications;
- your contact information such as your home or work address, telephone, and email contact details;
- your postings on any social media applications and services that we provide;
- your account security credentials, such as username and passwords;
- information about how you use our products and services;
- information in connection with communications you send us, for example, to report a problem; and
- where necessary, additional information as part of our user authentication process.
We collect Personal Information by:
- Information you give to us when you apply for or purchase our products and services. If you purchase one of our products you will need to provide certain information including your name, address in relation to the purchase.
- Other information you give to us. We may receive and store information that you enter on the Site (e.g. when you register for our assessment process) or give us in any other way (e.g., by telephone, email, or other software platforms). As a result of your use of the Site, you may supply us with such Personal Information such as your name and contact details.
- Social Media. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
How We Hold Your Information
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration of Personal Information in Startup-O’s possession and control. Although we endeavor to provide security for information in our possession and control, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of Personal Information or Non-Personal Information arising in connection with the theft thereof.
Links To Other Sites
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience and to provide the products and services that you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer. We may use and disclose your information for the following specific purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the products, services, and information that you request from us;
- to assist you with inquiries, or to improve our customer service;
- to communicate with you;
- to send you marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below);
- for our billing and account purposes;
- to maintain our business relationships where you are a business partner, a user of our website and services, or a customer;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about services that may interest you or them;
- to develop and improve our products and services;
- to update our records;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site or our programs when you choose to do so; and
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
As further described below, in limited circumstances we may disclose collected information, including Personal Information, to certain third parties in connection with providing the Services or as required by law.
We may use Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including, by way of example, to evaluate the performance of the Site and Services and the general preferences of users, or to generate anonymous statistics for our benefit or for our business partners. Because Non-Personal Information is entirely anonymous, and therefore can never be used by us to identify you, this policy does not limit our ability to use or disclose Non-Personal Information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
- We may disclose certain Personal Information about you to our affiliates, third-party service providers, agents, and contractors if this is necessary to provide you with our products and services, respond to your inquiries or for any other related purposes and so long as they are only using the Personal Information to provide services to us. We will ensure that if we share information with, or provide access to, third-party service providers or affiliates, any such disclosure or access is at all times in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
- We may also share your Personal Information with third parties who support our information technology or handle mailings on our behalf and our professional advisers.
The disclosures contemplated by this paragraph (“Necessary Disclosures”) are necessary if you wish to use our products and services. As mentioned above, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information without restriction. If you do not want us to make such Necessary Disclosures, or to use Non-Personal Information without restriction, you must not use the Services.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date, and still required.
If you close an account you have with us or you decide not to go ahead with participating in one of our programs, we may still keep your information.
If you have subscribed to one or more of our products or services, communications, or mailing lists, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in any email that you receive or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Last updated: February 1, 2021
This section applies to users in the European Union in addition to the terms set out above. In this section “Data Protection Legislation” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, together with all other applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection, and where we use the terms “personal data”, “data subject”, “controller”, “processor” and “process” (and its derivatives), such terms shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Legislation.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavor to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We will correct any incorrect or incomplete information and will stop processing your personal data, or erase it, where there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use that information.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the EEA.
Where we share data with affiliates and other third parties as described above, your information may also be sent to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers, affiliates, distributors, agents or contractors.
Where recipients are outside the EEA, we ensure that the recipient provides an adequate level of protection for your personal data or the transfer is otherwise permitted under applicable Data Protection Legislation.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights relating to your information set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about data protection, or you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information you can contact us using the following details, or any other details notified to you from time to time: write to the registered and head office of Startup-O at email@example.com